The University of Oklahoma
Recipient of the Carnegie Classification’s
highest ranking for research activity
- The School of Meteorology is ranked #1 nationally in severe storm research
- OU is the home of the National Weather Center (pictured at right)
- The School of Aviation has been the Technical Lead of the Federal Aviation Administration's Center of Excellence for Technical Training and Human Performance since 2016
- OU researchers received 26 patents in 2023
Boyd Street Ventures is a truly bespoke VC firm committed to bringing brilliant founders to market, above average-returns to our investors, and economic growth to Oklahoma.
OU is home to three unique institutions offering unmatched support to Oklahoma entrepreneurs:
Office for Innovation and Corporate Partnerships
BSV OU Advisor John Hanak is the Executive Director
- Assists with intellectual property protection
- Provides connection to R&D resources and infrastructure
- Provides commercialization education and training in R&D seed funding
Tom Love Innovation Hub
- Provides training in making SBIR/STTR proposals more competitive and conducts events promoting entrepreneurship.
- Operates a fabrication lab assisting with prototyping, product development and small scale manufacturing.
- Runs incubator and accelerator programs across Oklahoma.
Ronnie K. Irani Center for the Creation of Economic Wealth
BSV Co-Founder Jeff Moore is the Executive Director
- Provides immersive learning experiences for students and entrepreneurial consulting to help inventors and entrepreneurs add new ideas, products and services
- Provides data-driven analysis on an idea’s commercial potential and determines its best path to market
Boyd Street Ventures complements and collaborates with these three OU institutions not only by providing startup funding, but by delivering de-risking strategic and operational guidance that minimizes the risk of costly mistakes, shortens their time to market, and increases their ability to scale.
In addition, Boyd Street Ventures donates 10% of its general partner carry to the above institutions.